When building a new home, there is much to consider, a lot of it is technical given how technology-driven modern houses have become. At EAV we work alongside builders to design you a smart home electrical system that combines great functionality with superb style.
From energy-efficient intelligent lighting to discreet keypad wall panels, you will be proud of every aspect of your new home.
One of the advantages of choosing to work with EAV from the beginning of a project is that smart connection planning will be part of the initial design, rather than an afterthought. When left too late it’s very common to find that insufficient hardware/wiring has been installed for all the systems you want to run – the modern equivalent of not enough power points. Don’t let that happen to you!
We also take care of the installation and project management of the electrical aspects (and smart areas) of new builds.
When you choose EAV as part of your building team, here’s how the process typically works.
1. Site establishment – demolition of existing systems, putting in pre-slab conduits, and arranging temporary builders’ power.
2. Prewire – installation of cabling before GIB linings are fixed in place.
3. Preline signoff – QA checks to ensure all cabling is in, and in the correct place. Measurements, photos and notes taken to ‘see through walls’ after plasterboard linings have been installed.
4. Postline – cutting out plasterboard for all recessed items such as lights, speakers, sensors, smoke alarms etc.
5. Installation of all elements noted on the plans
6. Testing and commissioning – checking everything works and is set up correctly to ensure safety and compliance, and recording test results for later reference if needed.
7. Certification – issuing the relevant documents such as an Electrical Safety Certificate, Certificate of Compliance or Record of Inspection – by an independent electrical inspector.
When planning a new build we always recommend involving us early in the process. That way our clients get a ‘whole home’ solution because the electrical system in your house is an integral component of every aspect of a modern, connected home.
For instance, every home needs lighting, but poor lighting design can produce undesirable results. We can integrate all or parts of the lighting in your home, making scene selection easy or providing automatic security features that give you peace of mind.
When you work with EAV, we take the time to examine your home’s plans, understand your desired outcomes, and where appropriate, make suggestions to ensure your home is showcased in its best light.
We do this with every aspect of your home, from security to audio visual technology. We deliver elegant end results through the use of the best, modern, energy efficient hardware.